AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Where can you track the analytics with an Adwords campaign?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have a campaign we're about to run and we want to see how many people are directed to one of our website's pages from this campaign specifically vs. other referral sources.

Is there any easy way to track that in the Adwords campaign or somewhere in Google Analytics? Or should I create a new page on my website that I only advertise for in this specific campaign to compare to other referral sources. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

I think the report you are looking for is in Google Analytics, under Acquisition>All Traffic>Source/Medium.

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

@The A

In the Acquisition section of Analytics, you'll see that Adwords has it's own section.  This segments your Adwords traffic quite nicely. To enable it, you need to link your Adwords account with your Analtyics account.  More details on that, including a video, can be found here:

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033961?hl=en

You can easily view your other sources in segments in the "All Traffic" section of Acquisition under Channels. You will see your Adwords data here as well.  The Adwords section is more robust though.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi 

As an addition to @David K reply, which quite rightly pointed out the necessary instructions, you may also consider creating a new GA view and creating some specific paid goals for your campaign to import into Adwords or play with your GA segments without compromising the main view data. 

Here is more on adding a view https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1009714?hl=en

All the best

James