AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Where can I find traffic estimates for an in-stream video ad?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

Apologies if this is in the wrong topic, but I'm a little new to this. I'm currently setting up a campaign and have moved away from adwords express to the classic adwords interface so that I can use the video targeting abilities, specifically placements on certain channels. However, I'm struggling to find a traffic estimate or Click through rate estimate for my ad. Is this information still available when using placements?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Where can I find traffic estimates for an in-stream video ad?

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Dan P

I'm not aware of a way to see this info for in-stream ads on YouTube.  With true-view, the views you pay for are those who actually watch your ad and don't skip. That's going to be relative to your video ad, and how you target. Because that's different for every advertiser, it's not something that can easily be predicted like average traffic to a website in the GDN.

Also, there is not much predictability when targeting a specific video and/or channel.  They might not have a regular production schedule, and how they promote each video they produce can vary. One video can flop, the next can go viral. There are just too many variables in the YouTube ecosystem to accurately predict what's going to happen with a specific channel.

With that said, targeting specific channels is a great option, but you might find that you're not getting the reach you desire.  I've always found that topic targeting is an excellent an supplement to channel placements.  Search the topic list for a category or categories that best match the channel placements you've selected.  Topic targeting means that your ads are served on videos that are about that topic.