AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Where can I adjust Target and Bid AND Bid Only settings?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Where can I adjust "Target and Bid" AND "Bid Only" settings?

I cannot find how to adjust these settings on the Adwords Dashboard. 

Anyone know where they are located?

Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April 2017

Re: Where can I adjust Target and Bid AND Bid Only settings?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Hector,

Okay, great. 

1. Click the Display Network tab under All campaigns.
2. Click + Targeting.

3. Choose the Ad Group. 

Now, you will see Topics, Demographics, Display keywords, Placements, Interests & Remarketing. If you have these targeting methods in place, click on the grey pencil icon in the upper right hand corner and you will see:

targeting bid .jpg

Next, read up on the targeting settings on the display network. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Kind Regards,

James

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Hector,

These are located within the Display Network tab. One you click on that, go to the red +Targeting button, which is what the Target and Bid and Bid Only features are used for. 

Kind Regards,

James

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I'm sorry, where within the Display Network tab? Or Targeting button? I still cannot find this setting.

Thanks!

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Hector,

No problem. Can you tell me if you are using the classic AdWords interface (white background) or the new alpha AdWords interface (dark background)? 

The instructions I provided in my last reply are for the classic interface. The Targeting Settings we are discussing are offered for the classic interface only... while Targeting and Observation is used for the alpha interface. 

Kind Regards,

James

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

It's white. 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April 2017

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Hector,

Okay, great. 

1. Click the Display Network tab under All campaigns.
2. Click + Targeting.

3. Choose the Ad Group. 

Now, you will see Topics, Demographics, Display keywords, Placements, Interests & Remarketing. If you have these targeting methods in place, click on the grey pencil icon in the upper right hand corner and you will see:

targeting bid .jpg

Next, read up on the targeting settings on the display network. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Kind Regards,

James

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Awesome thanks.

One more Q. Why doesn't Keyword targeting and Demographics have the "Target and Bid" and "Bid" options?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Hector,

You are very welcome. 

Display keywords are always on Target and Bid when used. When keywords or demographics are used as a targeting method, the system will utilize them for best performance.

When you add multiple targeting methods to the same ad group and set these to “Target and bid,” you’re telling AdWords to restrict or narrow the reach of your ads. When you add additional targeting methods and set them to “Bid only,” you’re telling AdWords not to restrict where your ads show but to increase or decrease its chances of showing depending on the bid you choose.

Kind Regards,

James 

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@Hector C

Keywords are about a topic / theme. (a subject).  Demographic is about users (humans). You cannot perform a (mathematical) Boolean action on objects that are not of the same type, hence you cannot overlap (target and bid) "topics" or keywords with demographics

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’