Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

When to reduce/increase the CPC in Display Network

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I was wondering when I have to reduce/increate the Max CPC in the Display Network.

Thank you,

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David M
September 2015

Re: When to reduce/increase the CPC in Display Network

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello David,

If you want more traffic you can raise the MaxCPC, if you want less traffic ( impressions, clicks) you can do the opposite.

In practice it is good to have conversion tracking installed in order to decide which placements ( sites) have a a high conversion rate in order to decide to raise the bids for those sites .

You can also let the feature Enhanced CPC to change the bids automatically.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi David,

It all depends upon how your Display Network campaign is behaving.

I am not sure what your aim is from Display Network campaign i.e. whether you want branding or it's the business you want to generate out of it in the form of getting more sales, leads, phone calls etc...

But yes, if the keywords/placements you are using for your Display campaign tend to have pretty low Average CPC as compared to your max CPC (it depends upon whether you have custom bid enabled or not, otherwise default ad group bid would have been applied), then you might consider lowering it down.

Add Relative CTR metric in your Display campaign and see how well your ad is performing in comparison to other advertisers.

Find more optimization tips here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2549129?hl=en

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David M
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello David,

If you want more traffic you can raise the MaxCPC, if you want less traffic ( impressions, clicks) you can do the opposite.

In practice it is good to have conversion tracking installed in order to decide which placements ( sites) have a a high conversion rate in order to decide to raise the bids for those sites .

You can also let the feature Enhanced CPC to change the bids automatically.