AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

When is the Monthly Search Avg chart in the Keyword Planner updated?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When do the Average Monthly Search numbers in the Keyword Planner update for each month?

For example, when can I expect January numbers? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: When is the Monthly Search Avg chart in the Keyword Planner updat

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Greg P,

Welcome to the forum,

The keyword Planner provides the "Avg. Monthly Search Volume" data based on the last 12 months historical statistics.If you are using keywords planner now then you will able to view this data from Jan'14 - Dec'14.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
But today is February 2, 2015 and January 2015 isn't available. I believe @greg is asking when can he expect to have January data available. I'm curious as well. Anyone know?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Does anyone know when I can expect to see January 2015 monthly average searches in the Keyword Planner? It is Feb 3 now.

Basically my question is, how long does it usually take last months numbers to show up?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Greg,

You can select date range for average monthly searches. Here goes the screenshot about how to change. In this box you need to select Jan 2015 to Jan 2015 to get the data for January 2015. You can also compare here.date range.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

JANUARY 2015 is not there YET. Can someone tell me when I can expect January 2015 to be there?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Greg P,

Welcome Again,

I can understand your concern but i am sorry to say there are no specific information available on this,Even i think Google nowhere mentioned in which time frame they actually update this keyword database.Hence you have to wait..

By this time you can use Google Trend.Keyword search volume Jan'15 data is available here
http://www.google.co.in/trends

Also i would like to request @MosheTLV to reply here, if he has any information regarding this.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes Greg, You can use Google trends also

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Greg;
Google does not disclose this information. Since, as mentioned, data is available for the last 12 months, I assume that it is a monthly update. However, there is some delay until Google release the data.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks @Shuva, @kaushik and @MosheTLV, that clears it up for me. Looks like I will just have to wait Smiley Happy