AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

When is it possible for multiple ads to get shown on a single SERP?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've noticed that sometimes I see multiple ads for the same company on the same SERP. Which of these scenarios would produce that behavior?

1. 1 campaign, 1 ad group, 2 ads
  2. 1 campaign, 2 ad groups (overlapping keywords), 1 ad in each group
  3. 2 campaigns, 1 ad group in each (overlapping keywords), 1 ad in each group

Any others I'm missing?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: When is it possible for multiple ads to get shown on a single SERP

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello;
This is most likely a violation of the "double serving " section of the Policy that was not caught.
Can you upload a screenshot?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The first and 3rd listing are from the same people. They just happen to advertise on a variety of domains. To answer my question though, you're saying under no circumstance should the same adwords account have multiple ads on the same SERP?

Screen Shot 2013-11-11 at 1.33.37 PM.jpeg

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Steve G
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Steve G,

If the 2 web sites are owned by the same people and sell the same or similar services and/or products on both sites, this would be a violation of the double serving policy.

"To answer my question though, you're saying under no circumstance should the same adwords account have multiple ads on the same SERP?" This is absolutely true and there are no exceptions.

AdWords will only show one ad per account and only one ad per display domain.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Peter, would you be as kind as to explain the "double serving policy" if you have a moment to spare?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

As @petebardo mentioned, this is a violation of the double serving,which  "escaped the bots" (Probably due to multiple accounts owned by the same business entity). Please report using the following form. Google will link the accounts. (I agree that, lately, advertisers have found "creative" ways to bypass the "double serving". There is an increase in the number of  double serving violations that are not caught by the bots.... Smiley Surprised )

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/176378?hl=en

@Gemma here you are.  Its Policy section with many nuances. Recommended to be read in require a quiet place, over a cup of coffee... Smiley Happy

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2600168?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Thankyou Moshe, when you say "Recommended to be read in require a quiet place" - will it really make me cry??

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

No ; you just need to be focused to get the idea and understand the various scenarios

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Hi Gemma,

Looks like Moshe has covered this pretty well. Let us know if you have questions.

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords