4.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

What will be results for my DKI add

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am about to create DKI ad copy for my campaign which is software based. What will be the expected results if create ab ad like

{KeyWord:Create} an Add

Text for the example

www.example.com

and have keyword list include the terms like Quick an add, Quick create an add, easily create an add

Now, when a user search for term like Quick an add; will my add appear and if it does what will be the Title.

I will be really thankful if anyone could suggest me the best asnwer to this as quick as possible.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anuraag Kumar S
September 2015

Re: What will be results for my DKI add

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Anurag,

Welcome to the AdWords CommunitySmiley Happy

The DKI show your results on the basis of your keywords.

The search term that triggers your ads from the particular keyword of the campaigns, That keyword can insert in your text. But it will only insert when your text ads are grammatical correct and gives meaning ful message.

E.g.

Your text headline is "{KeyWord:Create} an Add" and your campaign has keyword like:-Quick an add, Quick create an add, easily create an add.

Now, when a user search for term like Quick an add

As per the DKI concept your keyword "Quick an add" insert in your DKI section of your ad text and ads should be like--"Quick An Add an Add".

But it lookes weird and does not give the meaningful meaning so it is the chances that your ads look like

"Create an Add" insetead of "Quick An Add an Add".

Thus if you want to use DKI in your ad text use  The parameter like this "{KeyWord:Create an Add}".

in this case your ads will look like "Quick Create An Add" on the keyword --"Quick create an add".

And "Easily Create An Add" on the keyword--"easily create an add".

Also i would suggest please read the below link to understand the concept of DKI.

Link-1

Link-2

Link-3

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, Welcome to the Community,

Ignoring the fact that Ad is written with one d not Add, the DKI will insert your keyword in the Ad text and it will not insert it if it breaches a policy. Your example : 

keyword = Quick an add

and headline = {KeyWord:Create} an Add

search term = Quick an add

will result in the headline : Quick an add an Add , where the red text is the inserted keyword. 

Because you are breaching the "repetition" editorial policy , most likely your Ad will be dissaproved. Read more from here (Scroll to "Repetition") : https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176095?hl=en

Your keywords could be ; Quickly create, Easily create, or other variants that make sense near the rest of the line " an Ad".

I hope this makes sense.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Mr. Rakesh for your detailed answer. I have one more query

What will be the title of my add, if i apply DKI as {KeyWord:to XYZ} and my kwd list has the the kwds like abc to xyz, def to xyz, ghi to xyz and user search for abc to xyz.

Also, is there any specific rule of using the keyword match type for DKI ads or the phrase keyword match will work.

Waiting for your response. Thnkx

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Adrian for your detailed answer. I have one more query

What will be the title of my add, if i apply DKI as {KeyWord:to XYZ} and my kwd list has the the kwds like abc to xyz, def to xyz, ghi to xyz and user search for abc to xyz.

Also, is there any specific rule of using the keyword match type for DKI ads or the phrase keyword match will work.

Waiting for your response. Thnkx
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

HI Anurag,

If you have added the keyword like
abc to xyz,
def to xyz,
ghi to xyz
in your ad group.

So when a users searches the kwd "abc to xyz", it will triggers your ads from "abc to xyz" keyword

Thus it will looks like:- Abc To Xyz in DKI ads.

And let's say if you have added only two keywords:-def to xyz and ghi to xyz
When a user performs search with the keyword:-abc to xyz and it triggers your ads with the keyword "def to xyz"

then your DKI looks like:- Def To Xyz.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DKI does not work on any match type, it only adds the your keywords in the Ads, not the search terms.

For example:-

Let's say you have added a keywords "hotels in shimla" in phrase with the DKI title {KeyWordSmiley Frustratedhimla Hotel}.

when a users performs a search with the keywords "cheap hotels in shimla" and your ads triggers with the keyword "hotels in shimla"(Phrase Match}.

The DKI ads looks like :- Hotels InShimla.

Hope your doubt is clearedSmiley Happy

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Rakesh,

I have created two DKI ads and one of them is working successfully but not able to understand the issue with the other DKI ad.

I have created it in same way and all targeted kwds are below 25 char limit. Still the title is not appearing as i want it to show.

Also, the first text line of my ad is showing along with the title. Is there any rule for managing this or it will get automatically fetched.

Pleas guide.