AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4K members online now
4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

What should be the PPC Strategy for a Movie Review website?

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

What should be the PPC Strategy of a website that share news and trailers about Movies and TV Shows?
I need to run a PPC campaign for a website that share news and trailers for Movies and TV shows. The website is purely based on organic and referral traffic. The website earns revenue by selling ad spots.  
What should be the PPC strategy for such a website?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Re: What should be the PPC Strategy for a Movie Review website?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Sayem,

Nice question Smiley Happy

I would use the following -

Social Ads: New posts/reviews can be promoted throughout the week to encourage more engagement and to build a qualified fan base.  People would be able to view, comment, and share image posts when it's promoted on Google Display Network sites. It will be helpful in build new set of audience for the brand. 

Video Ads: Obviously, when it is about entertainment, we can ignore YouTube, you know the reason why. 

DSA: Certain section of the sites can be advertised using DSA. Though, it would be tricky and would depend much on website's structure. As you would need to be cautious with what you target and when. 

My two cents.

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Sayem,

Nice question Smiley Happy

I would use the following -

Social Ads: New posts/reviews can be promoted throughout the week to encourage more engagement and to build a qualified fan base.  People would be able to view, comment, and share image posts when it's promoted on Google Display Network sites. It will be helpful in build new set of audience for the brand. 

Video Ads: Obviously, when it is about entertainment, we can ignore YouTube, you know the reason why. 

DSA: Certain section of the sites can be advertised using DSA. Though, it would be tricky and would depend much on website's structure. As you would need to be cautious with what you target and when. 

My two cents.

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

If you only share material created by others in order to gain traffic and sell "ad spots" as you mentioned, with AdWords your account could be suspended for breaching the policy for "Low value content".

Read more here :

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6020954?hl=en

" Content that is replicated from another source without adding value in the form of original content or additional functionality

• Examples: Mirroring, framing, or scraping content from another source"

If you have no original text reviews on that website , I think you won't be able to promote in through adwords .

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Nice explation @Ratan. Really helpful for me