AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

What should be the CTR for search network?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hai,

I want to know which is good CTR. As i'm running my campaigns and getting ctr as 0.99%, 2%.... 22%. What should be the ctr to get good ROI ?

1. If it is good for Low CTR why?

2,If it is High CTR why?

Thanks & Regards

Suma.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What should be the CTR for search network?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Suma,

CTR i.e. Click through Rate is basically the percentage of clicks that you draw out divided by the total number of impressions that are displayed on Google Network.

So definitely for Search Network, you should be eyeing CTR of atleast 1.5-2%. Something which less than 1% needs to be rectified.

For Display Network, you shouldn't be much worried about CTR because that's a different network where the audiences are different and behave differently.

To improve the CTR, you should constantly look at the search terms, add negative keywords from time to time and also add the positive keywords to improve relevancy which would in-turn help in uplifting the CTR. Also if you have a good CTR, chances are that your keyword's Quality Score might improve gradually.

My Thoughts!

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Manepalli S,
it's hard to have a generall rule.
As @pankaj1782 pointed out, only search CTR is relevant.

From my experience, in some countries (eg Croatia, Austria, Switzerland) Average CTR is ok if it's 3-5%. In Germany, UK 2-4% and in USA 1-2%.

But don't take this numbers as a rule for all verticals. This numbers are a result of my rule of thumb .

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi Suma,

Just want to add few things to @pankaj1782 and @mvarga.
You are asking which CTR is good for ROI - such metric as CTR has not direct inpact on ROI or ROAS. Let me explain why - sometimes it's beneficial to create pivot tables so you can understand which position is most profitable for you. Best position can be much lower as first 3 because of lower CPC. Low positions produce much lower CTR compared to top 3 that's why sometimes you can have low CTR but good ROI. But if average position is good and CTR is less than 1%, you are getting irrelevant traffic or don't give relevant message.

Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Suma,

The CTR is relative to your own advertising goals. If the campaign is built for conversions you will want very relevant ads and keywords with a higher CTR. A general benchmark is above the 1.0% which would mean 1 click for every 100 impressions. If the campaign is built as a branding effort to get your name out as much as possible you may have a lower CTR.