AdWords
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

What's the simplest display ad format to display slide show of JPG or PNG files (whole ad clickable)

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

We wish to display 5-6 sharp JPG files in sequence as our display ad (sort of like a rotating GIF file, but without the image quality issues.)

What's the simplest google display ad approach to do this?

The whole ad is clickable.... no interactive elements.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What's the simplest display ad format to display slide show of JPG or PNG files (whole ad clicka

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @scottclark,

If you use Photoshop, you can make these in about ten minutes. Make a animated slide and save it as a high-quality gif image. 

If not, Google Web Designer gives you the power to create beautiful, engaging HTML5 content. Use animation and interactive elements to bring your creative vision to life, and enjoy seamless integration with other Google products, like Google Drive, DoubleClick Studio, and AdWords.

Or you could use the Display Ad Builder tool within AdWords lets you easily create any ad for free.

• Create free, professional-looking image ads in minutes.
  • Choose from hundreds of templates and customize the colors, fonts, and layouts of every ad.
  • Use images from our stock files, from your computer, or even straight off your website.
  • Update your ads easily, or create new ones for each offer.

Kind Regards,

James

Re: What's the simplest display ad format to display slide show of JPG or PNG files (whole ad clicka

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
hi Scottclark,

I would use Display Ad Builder tool within AdWords as its the simplest and fastest way.

regards,

Zaby

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
I didn't readily see a display ad builder option where I could string together photography into a rotation - I'll look harder I suppose.

High quality GIF files were our first attempt, but the client's chosen photography is full of gradients and the quality, even at 256 Perceptual Dither was not acceptable - especially at larger sizes in the display ad portfolio.