AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

What's the best ad structure for a super-small vinyl record label?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello People of the Universe,

I'm a small-scale DIY music label that puts out heavy metal on vinyl. I'm interested in using the $100 AdWords credit, but I want to maximize my audience with the least amount of mistakes. Effort is not my problem; it's where to concentrate the effort, as I am dealing with a niche market.

Please accept my apologies in advance if my inquiry is a little vague, as I am a bit of a #Newbie to this.

Thanks,

John

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Granite House Records h
September 2015

Re: What's the best ad structure for a super-small vinyl record label?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi John, welcome to the Community.

Small budgets, niche markets and advertising are not three terms that go well together, I'm afraid.  The primary problem with a niche market is reaching your audience (which then leaves you only with persuading them to buy!).  When you're advertising something like a genre - in this case Heavy Metal music - there are two primary routes you can go.  You can advertise the recognisable/frequently searched "names" that are attached to your label or you can advertise the genre itself.

If you've got some names then advertise those first, concentrate on building Ad Groups themed to their name, with Ads and landing pages to match.  If you don't have any you'll have to try and advertise Heavy Metal and that could be very difficult on a limited budget and limited experience.  

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi John,

If you're working on a limited budget in a niche market I would recommend keeping your adgroups very tight with exact and phrase match keywords. You may not see huge amounts of traffic from these keywords, but the traffic that does find its way to your site is likely to be much more relevant and likely to make a purchase than if you have loads of broad match keywords. 

Best of luck.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi John, welcome to the Community.

Small budgets, niche markets and advertising are not three terms that go well together, I'm afraid.  The primary problem with a niche market is reaching your audience (which then leaves you only with persuading them to buy!).  When you're advertising something like a genre - in this case Heavy Metal music - there are two primary routes you can go.  You can advertise the recognisable/frequently searched "names" that are attached to your label or you can advertise the genre itself.

If you've got some names then advertise those first, concentrate on building Ad Groups themed to their name, with Ads and landing pages to match.  If you don't have any you'll have to try and advertise Heavy Metal and that could be very difficult on a limited budget and limited experience.  

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi John,

If you're working on a limited budget in a niche market I would recommend keeping your adgroups very tight with exact and phrase match keywords. You may not see huge amounts of traffic from these keywords, but the traffic that does find its way to your site is likely to be much more relevant and likely to make a purchase than if you have loads of broad match keywords. 

Best of luck.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jon,

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I kinda figured someone was going to say what you did? : ) Either way, though, I'm glad I asked!

John

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Rob,

Thanks for the response. Maybe I'll try the free credit with your suggestions and see what effects they have (if any).

John