AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

What keyword match type is representing Local monthly searches column?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I wonder what keyword match type do Local monthly searches represent? I know that Global monthly searches are all keyword types (broad, phrase, exact) and Google Search Network is exact match type. What about local? I didn't found any information for that?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: What keyword match type is representing Local monthly searches column?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

You can change the matching type on the left side after the first search you made by the Keyword Tool. Initially broad match will come up but as I said you can change it.

User searches are only made on the Search Network, and never on the Display Network. Any Google search made by a user where the Search Term matches the keyword you are studying will be considered. (The Search Term keyed in by the user and the keyword you set are typically not identical. The requirement for them is to *match* each other.) The match type proper is set by you as discussed above.

Best,

Lakatos

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

You can change the matching type on the left side after the first search you made by the Keyword Tool. Initially broad match will come up but as I said you can change it.

User searches are only made on the Search Network, and never on the Display Network. Any Google search made by a user where the Search Term matches the keyword you are studying will be considered. (The Search Term keyed in by the user and the keyword you set are typically not identical. The requirement for them is to *match* each other.) The match type proper is set by you as discussed above.

Best,

Lakatos

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Read this user article please, in regard to matching types. It is authored by fellow Top Contributor PPCBossman.

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics/Google-AdWords-Keyword-Match-Types-for-Sea...