1.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

What is upper bid limit?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I want to use this bid strategy to increase my clicks. Have 2! in the last week. I don't understand what the number box does. i get it's to add a monetary value?

This is the official explanation but I can't get my head around it. Can someone explain it differently??

Thanks!!

This will raise the bid of your keywords to our estimate of what it would cost to show your ad on the first page of search results.

Tip
If you set a maximum bid that is below our estimate for a first page bid, we won’t change your bid for that keyword. Let’s say your current bid is $0.50 and you set your max bid to $1.00. If we estimate that the bid you’ll need to show on the first page is $2.00, we’ll leave your bid unchanged at $0.50.

Example
Let’s say you’re bidding $0.50 per click for a specific keyword, and this bid currently causes your ad to show in the fifth position of the second page of results. If you change your bid to be the first page estimate, we’ll change your bid for that keyword to our estimate of what it would cost to be on the first page. If your ad is already showing on the first page for that keyword, we won’t change your bidScreenshot 2017-04-10 19.55.24.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April 2017

What is upper bid limit?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Hector,

About Maximum Clicks Bidding