AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

What is the purpose of Adwords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey guys, I'm a newbie to Adwords. So please forgive me for asking silly question but i really curious, what is actually Adwords use to? I know its a kind of feature that let us promote some of the video that uploaded by us to get viewing increase , but is that would let us earning any revenue in Adsense? I do get some click in Adwords for the video ads I submitted, but I do not get any clicks in Adsense regarding to that video, and when i checked the Youtube earning analyst, I got $0 for that video, can anybody provide some guidance or explanation for this?

thanks and please forgive my poor grammar. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: What is the purpose of Adwords?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Brandon,

Both are different (AdWords and Adsense).

AdWords is an advertising platform used to generate traffic to your website which in turn would help in generating leads/sales or whatever your business objective, is from the website. This is a paid platform and you need to invest money to show your ads on Google network.

Adsense is a different platform where you tend to have ads added on your website( from other website users) and when users click on it, you get some sort of value out of that click in the form of earnings.

More differences about both these products can be found here: https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/76231?hl=en

Let us know if you need more clarification!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Brandon,

Both are different (AdWords and Adsense).

AdWords is an advertising platform used to generate traffic to your website which in turn would help in generating leads/sales or whatever your business objective, is from the website. This is a paid platform and you need to invest money to show your ads on Google network.

Adsense is a different platform where you tend to have ads added on your website( from other website users) and when users click on it, you get some sort of value out of that click in the form of earnings.

More differences about both these products can be found here: https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/76231?hl=en

Let us know if you need more clarification!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
oh i see....thanks for the explanation