AdWords
6.4K members online now
6.4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

What is the maximum that someone can bid?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Can I bid $1000 per click? What about $10000? 

Of course Im not going to try it, Im just curious Smiley LOL

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: What is the maximum that someone can bid?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Guys,

I just messed around a bit in the UI - here's what I found out: (not that any of this ran live)

I set my daily budget to $50,000.00US and was only able to set a CPC at $1.000.00US

Then I set the daily budget to $100,000.00US and was only able to set a CPC at $1.000.00US

I've never worked with these kind of numbers on a daily basis so I'm not sure what this means but it was fun to try anyways.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 7
Top Contributor Alumni
Looks like $1000 USD is the new limit. Thanks, Tom.

Better double check your settings. ;-)

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hey Dustin, I'm unable to confirm or deny anything regarding maximum possible bid... Just wanted to predict a "As much as you're willing to pay." post...I know it's coming. Smiley Happy Also interested in funding out the answer...for kicks. -Tom
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni
Pretty sure it's $100 USD. Things change pretty quickly with AdWords, though. ;-)

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

No way that it is $100, thats really low I would think. Insurance leads and such surely go for more than that. 

Top Contributor Alumni
# 5
Top Contributor Alumni
Perhaps there's not a limit, beyond not accepting a bid higher than the daily budget. I just tested - but only to $500.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Guys,

I just messed around a bit in the UI - here's what I found out: (not that any of this ran live)

I set my daily budget to $50,000.00US and was only able to set a CPC at $1.000.00US

Then I set the daily budget to $100,000.00US and was only able to set a CPC at $1.000.00US

I've never worked with these kind of numbers on a daily basis so I'm not sure what this means but it was fun to try anyways.

-Tom

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 7
Top Contributor Alumni
Looks like $1000 USD is the new limit. Thanks, Tom.

Better double check your settings. ;-)

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

No problem.  

It was on an inactive account, I reset it back to a measly 5.00/daily and .05/cpc when I was done.  Smiley Happy The change history is sure going to look funny if someone ever checks on it though.

With the accounts I deal with, even the ones with 5 figure monthly budgets, I couldn't even fathom bidding $10/click...$1000.00 is well beyond me.  

-Tom

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 9
Google Employee

Tom, you have just been randomly selected to get a daily phone call from a Googler with a very suave voice to make sure that your advertising dreams come true Smiley Happy
E

Yes, I work at Google. I want all AdWords Advertisers to be happy and prosperous

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I need to be able to bid above $1000 to knock off a competitor who has apparently reached the magical $1000/click bid price.  His ads are showing predominantly over mine and I'm capped as well.  Anyone know if Google will allow special requests?