AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

What is the difference in adding the ad extension at account level and at campaign level.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If i do not have an ad extension added at campaign level, will the extension added at account level be displayed along with the ad?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mridul C
December 2016

What is the difference in adding the ad extension at account level and at campaign level.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Mridul C,

The ad extension is created within your AdWords account and its up to you whether you can use it at account/campaign or ad group level.

As there is no need to create it again and again, you just need to select it(from already created) to implement at any level.

If you select another ad extension at campaign level then AdWords will show the one which has been selected at more granular level.

Here this Structured snippet repetition policy states that:

we don't allow a structured snippet that repeats text from another structured snippet.

For Example:

If you have added "evening wear" under the header "styles" then you can not add "evening wear" once again in the same header or a different header.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Mridul C,

At account level any particular ad extension will be shown with every campaign in the account whereas adding the extension at campaign level will be shown only for that particular campaign.

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Mridul,

I agree with @Archit, and I'd just add that having ad extensions at account level will "insure" you against showing ads without extensions if you forgot to add them on campaign or ad group level. In any case, your campaign or ad group level extensions will have priority over account-level extensions.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Archit and @Boryana,

Thanks for replying and clearing up the confusion. Regarding structured snippets, google has the policy of not repeating the text values which are already included in the different headers in the ad copies.

So, the question in this case is that suppose i have added a structured snippet at account level which contains values for different services provided by me and there is a separate campaign added in the account which is targeting one of those services and the ad copies have the same added in the Headlines. Will the structured snippet be disapproved? If not, why?

Thanks in advance!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mridul C
December 2016

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Mridul C,

The ad extension is created within your AdWords account and its up to you whether you can use it at account/campaign or ad group level.

As there is no need to create it again and again, you just need to select it(from already created) to implement at any level.

If you select another ad extension at campaign level then AdWords will show the one which has been selected at more granular level.

Here this Structured snippet repetition policy states that:

we don't allow a structured snippet that repeats text from another structured snippet.

For Example:

If you have added "evening wear" under the header "styles" then you can not add "evening wear" once again in the same header or a different header.

Regards

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Mridul,

You have got spot on replies above. I just want to suggest add account level extensions only if they get along with all adcopies. In other words add general ad extensions. If you have separate campaigns for separate services you can go with campaign level. But if you have multiple services in single campaign, I would first think of If ad extensions are same for all extensions or adgroup level extensions are needed.

Any information that appear along with ad should be spot on for better relevancy and adcopy performance. 

Also when we add account level ad extensions, we should always keep this in mind. If anytime launching any new services, new campaigns you would need to add campaign level ad extensions. Same if launching new adgroup.

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks @Neha Gupta, will keep this in mind when adding new extensions in near future!