AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

What is the correlation between Lost IS and Impression Share?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi, guys!

screenshot-adwords.google.com-2017-05-03-12-56-48.jpeg

In the first case (rectangular selection) I am not losing any impressions because of the budget and covering less that 10% of all impressions. In the second case (oval) I am losing 0.14% because of the budget and my share of impressions is 14.31%.

In these cases, if I invest more money, will I get better results? Or am I hitting the ceiling (there are no more impressions available)?

How do I tell if I am hitting the ceiling?

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
May 2017

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Farkhod,

Thanks for reaching out. 

Search and Display are separate networks, and their impressions shares are not correlated. When it comes to Search, your eligibility is determined by your keywords while Display depends on your targeting options such as placements.  

Budget is not the only reason you may be be losing impressions. Since ad rank is determined for every auction, it is possible that your ad rank maybe impacting your performance. 

Here are the definitions for reference: 

Search Lost IS (budget): The percentage of time that your ads weren't shown on the Search Network due to insufficient budget. This data is available at the campaign level only.

Search impression share: The impressions you’ve received on the Search Network divided by the estimated number of impressions you were eligible to receive.

Display Lost IS (budget): The percentage of time that your ads weren't shown on the Display Network due to insufficient budget. This data is available at the campaign level only.

Display impression share: The impressions you’ve received on the Display Network divided by the estimated number of impressions you were eligible to receive.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
May 2017

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Farkhod,

Thanks for reaching out. 

Search and Display are separate networks, and their impressions shares are not correlated. When it comes to Search, your eligibility is determined by your keywords while Display depends on your targeting options such as placements.  

Budget is not the only reason you may be be losing impressions. Since ad rank is determined for every auction, it is possible that your ad rank maybe impacting your performance. 

Here are the definitions for reference: 

Search Lost IS (budget): The percentage of time that your ads weren't shown on the Search Network due to insufficient budget. This data is available at the campaign level only.

Search impression share: The impressions you’ve received on the Search Network divided by the estimated number of impressions you were eligible to receive.

Display Lost IS (budget): The percentage of time that your ads weren't shown on the Display Network due to insufficient budget. This data is available at the campaign level only.

Display impression share: The impressions you’ve received on the Display Network divided by the estimated number of impressions you were eligible to receive.