AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

What is the best way to determine keywords for my industry?

N/A
# 1
N/A

Starting Phase 2 of business development; marketing launch.

What is the best way to determin key words for my target industry

which is automated building controls for smart buildings and facilities?

Re: What is the best way to determine keywords for my industry?

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi

You can use the free Google Keyword Tool for this: https://adwords.google.ch/KeywordTool

If you haven't got your own homepage yet you can use a homepage of a competitor to extract keywords with this tool. 

The link above is the standalone version of the Google Keyword Tool. When using the Google Keyword Tool within AdWords you'll be able to load the keywords with a few clicks into your campagins. 

Regards

Aleks

Re: What is the best way to determine keywords for my industry?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi!

I would start by looking at the products and search them on google, find competitors and analyse their website to get an insight of what keywords they are using and which one you want to use related to what you do.

You can find them into the navigation bar, within articles, alt tag and so on. This is a time consuming task but it's good to understand the competition and also where your competitors stand.

Also, while searching on google, keep an eye on the google suggestions while you are typing, it gives you information about the searched either for positive keywords either for negative.

Adwords Keyword tool is one of the best free tool you can use but make sure you set the match type as exact or phrase and start extracting keywords you want to use. Once you have done that you might expand it to broad match too.

But first of all what I would suggest before using any tools, is to look at your company/products/market and start writing down keywords/keyphrase that you will then refine with the tools.

Regards

Oscar