4.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

What is the best type of campaign to start with for a $500 budget

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have used adwords in my past business but did not set up the campaign type. I was wondering what is the best campaign to choose? I have a budget of $500 to $1000 daily. 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What is the best type of campaign to start with for a $500 budget

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Sean,

It depends on what type of business you are promoting and what kind of results do you want from adwords ( conversions, brand awareness).

I would recommend to setup for the "Search only" without "Search partners" and this way you will target clients who have an interest for your keywords, as the Display network only gives you larger targes like interest areas or choosing websites on which te ads can appear on.

You can restrict your traffic to more relevant visitors by using "negative keywords" lists and by installing "google analytics" and looking daily at the "matched search query" reports, to see what the visitors typed in the search engine and find words to exclude from the search.

You can also narrow your visitors by location and changing keywords to match types like broad negative or phrase match, instead of just broad. There is more information on this right here :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497836?hl=en

Feel free to post more questions , as the Community can give you valuable feedback.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Sean;

It, obviously, would not be wise of me to give advice without knowing the goals / objectives of this campaign,  without getting some background on the business you are in, and   the service / products you wish to promote;

Having said that; generally speaking most advertisers would set their first campaign on the search network , would later add Remarketing and at the next level would probably expand to display network, expand into mobile, and set extensions applicable to their business (e.g call extensions, local extensions...)

From that point and on - the sky is the limit..  Smiley Wink

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Adrian. We are a promotional products retailer. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Moshe

We are a promotional products retailer. 

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Do you have an online store? If this is the case you might want to consider the solutions by Google shopping

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
but I have online store but google shopping ad keep on showing some kind of error like meta data for when I submit for ad gallery Pls help visit my site www.theosbag.com

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager
This 2013 thread has been closed to new replies.

If anyone has a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a detailed question or comment.

Thank you.