4.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

What is "suggested bid"?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would like some help understanding what this heading is when the stats come up for the keywords.  I am a newbie and am clueless right now!  Smiley Happy

Thank you for any help and advice!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: What is "suggested bid"?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Rebecca,

The suggested bid is the bid that Google suggests that you place in order to generate optimal impression/traffic levels.

Is there any more you can tell us about the campaign that you are trying to set up? Maybe we can help Smiley Happy

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Rebecca,

As Amy rightly said, the suggested bid is a bid that AdWords suggests to you which according to AdWords will help you record optimal traffic ( Clicks/Impressions). To begin with you can use the suggested bids to run your campaigns and then adjust the same depending on the performance of your campaigns.

It is not a mandate that you should always use the suggested bids, it is totally your decision to use it or not. If you do not wish for your CPC's to go beyond a certain threshold, you can optimize your bids using your learnings from running the campaigns.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Great and simple

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Amy,
how would you define "optimal"?
Does it mean "highest" or what else?
Thank you

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hi i want to ask u i have about 5000 views and 3000 impressions but still earning is 2.02 $ in hosted youtube account how it could be improved?