AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

What is "Suggested Bid" in Keyword Planner?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I want to know if the suggested bid in keyword planner refers to the amount that Google suggests to bid on a keyword to rank his/her website OR it is the amount that one can earn from the specific keyword?

FOR Example:

If my keyword is "Samsung Mobile" and the suggested bid is "$2.60", this means that Google is suggesting me that my competitors are bidding for this keyword for $2.60 to rank their website and I should also bid around that much bucks to rank for this keyword?

OR

This means that Google is telling me that if I rank on this keyword, I could earn $2.60 for each click on my website?

Please suggest

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Rakesh Kumar (Top Contributor)
June

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Nitin,

Your first point regarding suggested bid is correct i.e. you need to bid around that price to win the auction. 

Suggested bid is a bid that AdWords suggests to you which according to AdWords will help you record optimal traffic ( Clicks/Impressions). Initially you can use the suggested bids to run your campaigns and then adjust the same depending on the performance of your campaigns.

It is not a mandate that you should always use the suggested bids, it is totally your decision to use it or not. If you do not wish for your CPC's to go beyond a certain threshold, you can optimize your bids using your learnings from running the campaigns.

Hope the above explanation helps.

Thanks,

Rajat

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Rakesh Kumar (Top Contributor)
June

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Nitin,

Your first point regarding suggested bid is correct i.e. you need to bid around that price to win the auction. 

Suggested bid is a bid that AdWords suggests to you which according to AdWords will help you record optimal traffic ( Clicks/Impressions). Initially you can use the suggested bids to run your campaigns and then adjust the same depending on the performance of your campaigns.

It is not a mandate that you should always use the suggested bids, it is totally your decision to use it or not. If you do not wish for your CPC's to go beyond a certain threshold, you can optimize your bids using your learnings from running the campaigns.

Hope the above explanation helps.

Thanks,

Rajat

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi @Nitin R,

Please note that Google AdWords is not a platform to earn directly.

Though, you can generate good revenue by grabbing high quality traffic to your website through advertising and selling them your products or services.

Yes, this is the bid estimate to rank your ad for that keyword in a specific geographic location.

Though, your account performance, different keywords match types, ads position, real time competition and a lot of factors will after this CPC bid.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much, Rajat. This really helped me to understand the Suggested Bid Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you very much for your insights, Archit. Smiley Happy