4.3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

What is estimated conversion??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have 15 converted clicks and 2 view through conversion but the total estimated conversion is 21.. How come?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What is estimated conversion??

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Sweta, an "estimated conversion" is where AdWords has reason to believe a visitor converted after interacting with one of your Ads on a different device to that they eventually converted upon.  

For example, let's say I used my mobile to search, saw one of your Ads, clicked it and liked what I saw on your site but didn't convert there and then.  Some time later, maybe several days later, I use my desktop to go directly to your site, or via an organic search, and buy.   In this case, my purchase would be recorded as an "Estimated Conversion".

This figure can also include conversions as a result of phone calls, if you're using the Google Call Forwarding number and certain conditions are met.  You can read more about estimated conversions here:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3419678?hl=en

J

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Then what is the difference between Estimated Conversion and View Through Conversion?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,
Nice question when i search for the Estimated Conversion and view through Conversion in Google Support I found that have same meaning.
They are the visitor who converted after viewing your ad may be cross device conversion, or phone conversion etc.
I'm waiting for answer from conbnut.

Thanks and Regards
John Paul

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Sweta, a View-Through conversion is one that has occurred after the user has seen but not clicked your Ad on the Display network.  Since, at the time of writing, estimated conversions are only collected from google.com, i.e. Search, and view-through conversions are only collected from Display, the two are actually quite different.

Can you point to a resource where it is suggested the two could be combined in the same column?

This help page I reference initially (https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3419678?hl=en) explains when and how estimated conversions will be collected.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner
Jon, ( just an FYi)

One thing that I saw in a few accounts I took over, they had both Google Analytics and Adwords Tag Manager collecting and counting as conversions. When Adwords changed to converted clicks etc, a few months back, the estimation amounts went all out of whack like Sweta shows above.

I had to go in and remove one set of conversion points to make it sync and line up again.

On another side note. check your GA goals to make sure they are what you truely want to count as a goal, In one account I took over, they have a Goals set for Each Page in the "sales funnel". That truly threw off conversions,, and had to resort to the Adwords Conversion Tag on the final transaction ( ecommerce account) as to keep conversions properly synced. ( they liked their goals as is..tisk tisk)