AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

What is best way to advertise my business online?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,
I have a local business in helping people to advertise their business offline thru posting ads and handing out fliers but I need to first appear on Google which apparently have not been successful.

Hope to get some ideas from all the experts here.

Alan

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What is best way to advertise my business online?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Alan C,

Do you have a website for your business? If you do, you need to dig into it with some free tools to see how Google sees it. If not, you need one... and then you need to dig into it with some free tools to optimize it. Your website needs to connected to Google Analytics and Google Search Console. This will allow you to better optimize it so that it performs well, which in turn will allow Google to utilize it more.

Once you have a website, put the power of Google AdWords to work to gain exposure and bring in more customers. While you do this, get to work on making your website perform more organically. Ideally, you will have strong organic (free) listings for the products, services and subjects connected to these... and you will have highly effective ads running via AdWords. This double-hit punch makes great things happen for a business online today. You can't do well online if your website is not optimized for search... which means optimizing it for speed and best practices. 

There are many powerful features built into Google Search Console to help... and every website on the planet should be connected to it. This is where Google interacts with website owners & developers about things happening with it. Most likely, there will be issues to address. Once Google Search Console is reviewed, let's check up on your site speed, mobile-friendliness and some SEO (search engine optimization) stuff. 

1) Visit Google Search Console. Tip: submit your XML sitemap. 

2) Use the Google Developers Speed Test and work on fixing the issues so that your score is 89 or higher for both mobile & desktop.

3) Rerun the Google Speed Test but use this tool instead. Make sure you have a mobile score of 100.

4) Run your site through this SEO score checker.

Utilize the steps as they are outlined. Visit #1 and dig into your website actions with Google. Use #2 to bring your score up and get any optimized content to download & use. Complete everything and then go to #3. Complete everything and go to step #4.  

Please let us know what you discover and if you need further help.

King Regards,

James