AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

What is ETA in Adwords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 
I m very new user in adwords, I am preparing for my interview. I have basic knowledge of adwords.

I want to ask few questions,

Q:- What is ETA in Adwords?

Thanks

Neetu Singh

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Neetu S
July 2016

Re: What is ETA in Adwords?

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Neetu,

Greetings of the Day!

Expanded Text Ads

Expanded Text Ads are the next generation of the standard AdWords Text Ad. This new ad type provides longer, more controllable messaging in your ads. ExpandedTextAd also features:

Two headlines
This ad type has two headline fields. The second headline is concatenated to the first headline field, separated by a dash. On mobile, the combined headline fields may wrap to a second line.

More characters
Both headlines contain 30 characters each, more than standard text ads. Double-width characters such as Chinese, Japanese, and Korean allow for 15 characters.

Expanded description
There is now a single description line with an expanded limit of 80 characters. Truncation and ellipsification have been minimized to make ad display more predictable.

URL customization
Instead of inputting a display URL for your ad, the URL is calculated from the landing page and path fields (path1 and path2), that indicate to a user where they will be directed on a click. Final

URL and tracking URL behavior remain the same.

Here's an example ad for Interplanetary Cruises in the AdWords user interface, after being uploaded via the AdWords API.

Thanks

Ashwani Kumar

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per our Community Guidelines, in order to remove a self-promotional signature. 

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Neetu,

Most recently ETA is in reference to Expanded Text Ads. This is a brand new format for text ads currently in Beta testing.

https://adwords.googleblog.com/2016/05/ads-and-analytics-innovations-for-a-mobile-first-world.html

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Neetu S
July 2016

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Neetu,

Greetings of the Day!

Expanded Text Ads

Expanded Text Ads are the next generation of the standard AdWords Text Ad. This new ad type provides longer, more controllable messaging in your ads. ExpandedTextAd also features:

Two headlines
This ad type has two headline fields. The second headline is concatenated to the first headline field, separated by a dash. On mobile, the combined headline fields may wrap to a second line.

More characters
Both headlines contain 30 characters each, more than standard text ads. Double-width characters such as Chinese, Japanese, and Korean allow for 15 characters.

Expanded description
There is now a single description line with an expanded limit of 80 characters. Truncation and ellipsification have been minimized to make ad display more predictable.

URL customization
Instead of inputting a display URL for your ad, the URL is calculated from the landing page and path fields (path1 and path2), that indicate to a user where they will be directed on a click. Final

URL and tracking URL behavior remain the same.

Here's an example ad for Interplanetary Cruises in the AdWords user interface, after being uploaded via the AdWords API.

Thanks

Ashwani Kumar

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per our Community Guidelines, in order to remove a self-promotional signature. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

ThankYou @Ashwani Kumar & @PPCBossman