AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

What is Affiliate Transactions in Google Analytics?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

what is affiliate transactions in google analytics? is it through google adwords or separate. My adwords account showing 5 conversions. But in analytics affiliate 23 transactions please help me how can i resolve this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What is Affiliate Transactions in Google Analytics?

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Venkatesh,

Adwords and the GA affiliate transactions are two separate things. The enhanced ecommerce section of GA allows you to place affiliate code to track those items separately, where as if you connect Google Adwords and Google Analytics and allow Adwords normal tracking, your GA reports will Tag Adwords as either Paid Search, Google CPC or Adwords depending upon the reports in which you are looking.

The 5 conversions you are seeing are based on Direct Adwords interactions, the 23 affilate transactions are based on additional code that is being tracked and not associated with Adwords ( unless you crossed codes or have mislabeled goals of some sort).

Advice - Makes sure your analytics goals are set up correctly, and that if you are using analytics goals as conversion to only import the correct goals into Adwords.

More about Enhanced Ecommerce and Affiliate Tracking:
https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6014872?hl=en
Under the Enhanced Ecommerce reports in Google Analytics the Affiliate transactions are gathered by the codes you have placed

The Affiliate Code report lets you see how your affiliate sites contributed to your ecommerce performance in terms of the following metrics:

Revenue (total revenue from ecommerce transactions; depending on your implementation, this can include tax and shipping)
Transactions (total number of completed purchases on your site)
Average Order Value (average value of e-commerce transactions)
Affiliation is the primary dimension.

For additional information and questions about Analytics it would be best to get advice from the experts in the Google Analytics Help Forum here
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/analytics

Re: What is Affiliate Transactions in Google Analytics?

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager
This older thread has been closed to new replies.

If anyone has a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a detailed question or comment.

Thank you.