4.4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

What happens to adwords signin when..

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

A client has an adwords account with their login being yaddayadd@somecompany.com

Its not a google apps account.

They are now considering adding a gmail account to their existing google account.  How will this affect their current login etc for their adwords account since the gmail addy then becomes the primary email/login for the google account

Thanks
Whims 

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What happens to adwords signin when..

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Whims;

Could you make this sentence clear?

• adding a Gmail account to their existing google account.

did you mean :"adding a Gmail account to their existing ADWORDS account"?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Not sure when it changed.. however you never used to have to have a gmail account in order to have a google account.

You could create a google account with any sort of email address eg ceo@somecompany.com and that was your primary email address and login for the account. .. a gmail account could then be added as an additional google service to the google account.

They now want to create a gmail account for their google account.. as they want to create a google+ page for their business.. which requires a gmail account.

What concerns me is what might happen with their current adwords account access if they add gmail.. as to the best of my knowledge..the gmail email address then automatically becomes the primary email addy and login for their google account

Is that clear as mud?? lol

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Re: Administrative access

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Whims;

The best would be to keep the current AdWords user, and to grant administrative access for the newly created Gmail/ Google account.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Advise against linking the new address to AdWords and that's that. The extra address won't affect how you do your work and if it does then it's not your fault Smiley Happy

I've had clients who liked to get more and more people involved in PPC and linked all sorts of services to their AdWords and Google accounts - but it wasn't my problem unless they really were walking blindly into trouble! 

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Whims,

They now want to create a gmail account for their google account.. as they want to create a google+ page for their business.. which requires a gmail account.

Why don't your client create a separate google account and associate that one with Adwords, gmail, Google Plus etc..

Just a thought!

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

I'm really loathe to advise them in any respect regarding this coz of problems i have seen when ppl start adding, changing or futzing in general with their google account and email addresses

They have had their adword account for 8+ years. Everything atm works nicely as it is as far as access to their current google services associated with their non gmail related google account that uses a company email address.

I guess I look at it from the pov, having to create a seperate google account is a sub optimal solution. Ppl shouldnt be put in a situation where it becomes a project or they have to jump through hoops to keep everything under the same account or be in fear of something fubaring up in regards to services they are long time users of due to the forced inclusion of an extra service (gmail) that they neither want nor need.