AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3K members online now
3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

What happen if change custom bid for my automatic placements

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I have my new display ad campaign, with different ad groups with default max CPC. And my ad groups were keywords with contextual targeting where automatic placements trigger relevant to the keywords used. And other ad group were managed placements as we are aware of where our targeting visitors usually come from, so we have added, third ad group was Topics with either Targeting the location from world localities category or sometimes specific topics but we use "Target and Bid" option for all individual ad group.

My doubt is this, What happen if I change / Enable custom bid or Enable bid adjustments for my automatic placement(I mean for one particular automatically triggered website) ? 

I just did this, And the status changed from Automatic to Managed, but I heard that that this will restrict the ads from showing on other placements and my ads will only show on the particular site where I have changed the bid. Is that so? 

Please clarify me.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Samantha C
October 2015

Re: What happen if change custom bid for my automatic placements

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Samantha C
You could adjust the bid on placements only by adding the specific placement  a managed placement and use the "bid only" option.

"Bid only"  will apply the OR condition on this placement and the bid on the other targeting methods will not be affected.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Samantha C
October 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Samantha C
You could adjust the bid on placements only by adding the specific placement  a managed placement and use the "bid only" option.

"Bid only"  will apply the OR condition on this placement and the bid on the other targeting methods will not be affected.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
@MosheTLV Much Thanks, got it !