AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

What exactly will AdWords do for my business, and what do these terms mean...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have watched several tutorials and read guides for beginners but I still don't really understand how AdWords works, so I am hoping somebody here can help me! 

I recently set up my own business and it is currently sitting on page 7 in the local google search 'newborn photographer (town name.)' 

I really believe in my business and believe that if I could just get the clicks, I would get the customers. What exactly will AdWords do for my business? Will it put my website on the first page of the local search results? Will it help my 'google my business' to appear as well? Because currently it doesn't even come up when you search the title of it. 

What is bidding? (in simple terms?) There are several newborn photographers who appear when you search my town name, even though they do not operate in my town.... why?! 

If I use AdWords for a period of time will it improve my organic ranking if I stop using AdWords?

Thank you in advance! 

1 Expert replyverified_user

What exactly will AdWords do for my business, and what do these terms mean...

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hello @amy

AdWords is a great way to get your ads on top of search results for desired keywords. Apart from search traffic, you can get an advantage of other targeting methods which would help you to reach your audience. To read about them check:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6154846?hl=en

From my experience paid AdWords campaign don't have the influence on your organic search results. Some people may have the different point of view, but I have never seen the proof of such influence. 

Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’