Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

What does this warning mean?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

When I go to set up a campaign I always see this 

"Not all campaign settings are taken into account (i.e. ad scheduling)" What does that mean?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What does this warning mean?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

I'm not certain, can you tell us precisely what you're doing in the set-up process when you see this message?

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I'm on the create a campaign page and I see this error on the right sidebar when I'm on the page to edit the schedule for my ads

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

I have not seen this message personally, but it sounds as though it's warning you that some action you're working on is and/or might overlap some setting you've already chosen--producing unexpected results.

Sorry to be so vague. Smiley Happy

Let me see if I can find someone who knows this message.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
okay thanks, I thought it was an overlap but I can't figure out what it exactly is. haha

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager

Hi OffbeatBryce and Theresa, 

It's possible that your campaign is not enabled with 'All features' setting. 

Custom ad scheduling is available for campaigns with “All features” enabled. If you’re campaign sub-type is set to “Standard,” you won’t see ad scheduling as an option in your campaign’s 'Settings' tab.

This is when you will see this message.

For your reference, here are the campaign types and available features.

Hope that helps. 

Mini

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
but I can edit the scheduling. I've been doing it on all my videos in the campaign well over 15 videos. Just today I started to see the error.

Sq
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Sq
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

That message only comes up wen there is an overlap.

You have a conflict in settings (might not be schedule) and I assume it may be something to do with   ur target groups.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I've posted a screen shot of what my target setting group is. I only have one target setting plus one keyword entered and the error shows up. 

http://postimg.org/image/gtsj1k54t/

The error is to the right. I don't see how there is an overlap problem considering only 1 target group is selected plus only one keyword 

[ Edited ]
Sq
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Sq
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

My assumption is (might not be right)

Customise bids per format usually appears when you have not selected the you tube ad format manually and the campaign is targeting display/youtube all formats:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375464

Because you can not target the in-stream/display network formats with your single keyword - you may need to select an option under "target people watching content" (check advanced options to set content keywords for display network).

OR

Select the ad formats and networks you really wanted to advertise on. By the looks of things with a single keyword you might have wanted 'YouTube Search' & 'In-Search' selected only.

To select video ad format:

Go to Ads Tab > Hover Over Video Ad > Edit > Ad Formats & Networks Option > Select 'let me choose'

I might be right - refine your set-up using either method above and hopefully campaign settings should be good.

Edit: Go to the the second '+' plus sign down on the link below 'Select Your Targeting Settings'

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375425