AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

What does the search, youtube and display statistics means in a remarketing list?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

I'm trying to figure out what does the "search", "youtube" and "display" statistics means under "list size" in a remarketing list in Adwords. Please take a look at this image to understand: http://i.imgur.com/GsmTQIK.jpg

If I understand correctly, my remarketing tag is adding people to the list when they visit my website, but what does search, youtube and display means? I don't use Youtube at all for this business.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jean-Philippe A
May 2016

Re: What does the search, youtube and display statistics means in a remarketing list?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,
So the number here represents what number of people on the list can be targeted when they are watching videos on youtube.It doesnt mean Youtube is a source.Earlier this number was clubbed under display network.
They have just separated it for further clarity.

Hope this helps !

View solution in original post

Re: What does the search, youtube and display statistics means in a remarketing list?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Jean-Philippe A,

Welcome to the Community

The list size under each network( Search/Display/Youtube) represents the total Audience size.Lists targeting the Google Display Network must have a minimum of 100 active visitors or users within the last 30 days for your ads to show; lists targeting Google search must have a minimum of 1,000 active visitors or users.For youtube you need at least 100 viewers.

You can go through the following link for more details
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472738?hl=en
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2545661?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I don't use Youtube and the remarketing tag is only tracking people on my website. Why does it has 8 people from youtube?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jean-Philippe A
May 2016

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,
So the number here represents what number of people on the list can be targeted when they are watching videos on youtube.It doesnt mean Youtube is a source.Earlier this number was clubbed under display network.
They have just separated it for further clarity.

Hope this helps !

What does the search, youtube and display statistics means in a remarketing list?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry I also has the same question. If I get it right, the 8 people in YouTube is not actually on the list, it just an estimated number to illustrate that you could potentially run a YouTube campaign to target these 8 people? Am I right?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Exactly that. 

Although you probably need to build a larger list Smiley Happy But in principle that's correct.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

HI Shuva,

It just shows that number of user available on particular network and that you can target that number of user.

Regards,

Manish

[ Edited ]
N/A
# 8
N/A

Hi, sorry I know this is an old thread but I'm still a little confused on the numbers. Is it that the List Sizes dont have anything to do with how many people have visited my website but moreover how many have visited my site and subsequently (or recently) also visited Google Search or a display page...or Youtube? I'm surprised at our numbers. We have about 1,000 daily users coming via Google Search, 3,000 uniques and after 2 days my Search List is only on 360, YouTube and Display both on 2,300. I guess the question is: does someone just visiting my site add them to lists, or do they also have to have visited YouTube/Search/Display pages to get added to the "audience"? Is there a may to see the absolute list size?