AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3K members online now
3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

What are the significant effects of the Long tail keywords?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Team, 

i would like to know the conversion prospective the long tail Keywords perform batter rather than the generic keywords. And the long tail Keyword has various advantage (Low Cpc) as compare the generic keywords. But if i see the traffic prospective then long tail keywords very low traffic as compare  generic keyword.  So if my budget is limited then what is the best practice to reach the maximum users trough search network which doesn't make the effect on the cost.

thanks & Regard,

Rishi 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author rishi a
September 2015

Re: What are the significant effects of the Long tail keywords?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Rishi,

Long Tail Keywords are indeed valuable, since they are less competitive and more focused than generic keywords. Your problem is indeed a common one, since Long Tail Keywords list are harder to generate and, furthermore, 15-20% of the search queries on Google per day are never been asked before.

Clynton M gave a valuable answer about the Modify Broad Option. I would say, divide your ad groups in Exact and Modified Broad, monitor these ad groups, make a weekly search query report and book these new found keywords in the exact ad group and in the Modified Broad Ad Group, because this can lead to again new keywords in your search query report. Don't forget to book the Exact Keywords as negative (exact) to your Modified Broad Ad Group. In this way you extend your list of exact Long Tail Keywords, which will lead to more traffic without high costs.

Good luck!

Fenna

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Rishi,

Really nice question!
Long tail keywords to in general tend have more focused perspective with regards to what the user is looking for and usually have lower CPC's. The inherent advantage with regards to ling tail keywords in these regards has become diminished over time. Due mostly in fact to advertisers extensive use of modified broad. This ha allowed advertisers to enter those long tail auctions without the risk of being to broad and wasting budget on irrelevant matches.

So while long tail was considered a strong must for most accounts, this practice does not hold as much weight as it once did. That being said, it is still a good practice but one that requires some care. Long tail Keywords do tend to have low search volumes and take time to establish a QS of their own, it is thus advised to have an established account before adding extensive ling tail keywords as this will help in allowing them to start of with a slight QS advantage.

I would advocate a use of both, use your generic keywords and constantly monitor them, in order to achieve traffic goals as well as search query opportunities. Add long tail keywords at a constant rate as you get a better idea of how users are searching for your product and use these long tail keywords to try and tailor your ads and landing pages to exactly what the user is looking for.

As with most things the answer pretty much comes down to balance. use both and allow them to reinforce each other, a tactic of targeting only one is advised against.

Hope this helps
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author rishi a
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Rishi,

Long Tail Keywords are indeed valuable, since they are less competitive and more focused than generic keywords. Your problem is indeed a common one, since Long Tail Keywords list are harder to generate and, furthermore, 15-20% of the search queries on Google per day are never been asked before.

Clynton M gave a valuable answer about the Modify Broad Option. I would say, divide your ad groups in Exact and Modified Broad, monitor these ad groups, make a weekly search query report and book these new found keywords in the exact ad group and in the Modified Broad Ad Group, because this can lead to again new keywords in your search query report. Don't forget to book the Exact Keywords as negative (exact) to your Modified Broad Ad Group. In this way you extend your list of exact Long Tail Keywords, which will lead to more traffic without high costs.

Good luck!

Fenna

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Fenna P &Clynton M,
Thank you for your valuable thoughts.