AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

What are search partners? Who are my search partners?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I was looking over my account and saw that I'm using search partners.  What are they and who are they?  (See graphic)

search partners.png

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
March 2016

Re: What are search partners? Who are my search partners?

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Partners are all the sites other than Google Search and Google Shopping that can serve AdWords search ads. Some of them are Google-owned sites (like YouTube), but others are non-Google-owned websites that display AdWords search ads (usually in exchange for a cut of whatever Google makes from clicks on those ads). https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2616017?hl=en

Most of the non-Google search partners are adding those ads to the results of their own search engines. For example, Amazon and eBay have both been known to put AdWords ads at the bottom of their search results -- they figure if they don't have what your looking for, they at least get a shot at collecting a few cents for referring you to the website that does have what you're looking for.

There's nothing in AdWords that will tell you what partners your ad appears on. (If your ad gets a click on a partner, you might be able to identify it in your website analytics.)

Google does not publish any lists of partners. The list is huge, and changes every day as sites join/leave the network. Partner sites can be gigantic businesses like Amazon, or any tiny website that uses Google Custom Search.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
You don't have search partners - Google does.

There are many sites that have a Google search box on their pages - these then display search results in much the way Google does - along with the ads.

If you select to enable search partners then you are allowing Google to run your ads on these sites as well as on their own.

In the main (or rather in my experience) traffic from search partners performs significantly worse than "regular" Google traffic - but then, it also costs less so you might find that it generates a positive ROI - and a positive ROI is a good thing.

Does it matter that the ROI is lower than you get from Google's own site? Not really - profit is profit and this may well be traffic you wouldn't otherwise get.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
By the way - just as a follow up... the traffic from search partners is not included in Google's evaluation of your CTR for the purposes of calculating Quailty Score - so the fact that it generally performs below the Google average is not a factor tht should concern you where QS is concerned - thought that worthy of mention...

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
March 2016

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Partners are all the sites other than Google Search and Google Shopping that can serve AdWords search ads. Some of them are Google-owned sites (like YouTube), but others are non-Google-owned websites that display AdWords search ads (usually in exchange for a cut of whatever Google makes from clicks on those ads). https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2616017?hl=en

Most of the non-Google search partners are adding those ads to the results of their own search engines. For example, Amazon and eBay have both been known to put AdWords ads at the bottom of their search results -- they figure if they don't have what your looking for, they at least get a shot at collecting a few cents for referring you to the website that does have what you're looking for.

There's nothing in AdWords that will tell you what partners your ad appears on. (If your ad gets a click on a partner, you might be able to identify it in your website analytics.)

Google does not publish any lists of partners. The list is huge, and changes every day as sites join/leave the network. Partner sites can be gigantic businesses like Amazon, or any tiny website that uses Google Custom Search.