AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

What are good numbers (ROAS, CTR, etc.) in this scenario?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

I'd like to see your thought about good ROAS, CTR, Impression Share or any other metrics you think are important for a business like that and what are the acceptable values for them.

As an example, let's say the company in in retail, a competitor of Amazon (many different verticals: electronics, home, garden, car accessories, etc.). They want conversions, but branding is also important. Right now they just focus on brand terms. Average numbers on non-brand keywords:

CTR: 5%

CR: 0.27%

ROAS: 2.65

ROI: -68%

This numbers are bad, since break-even is not achieved, but competition is high.

Regarding brand terms:

CTR: 40%

CR: 0.79%

ROAS: 28

What do you think? Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Endal
September 2016

Re: What are good numbers (ROAS, CTR, etc.) in this scenario?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Endal,

This is nearly impossible to answer with any validity since there are so many variables that only you can see. 

With that said, what types of campaigns are you running? It is widely accepted that CTR in search campaigns is completely different from the CTR in display campaigns. And competing against Amazon with such a wide range of products crosses to many industries where each one has a different value that would be deemed great. Same with many other variables.  

You might like this article, which many of us badged Google Partner agencies (like myself) find to be a worthy talking point.  

Kind Regards,

James

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Endal
September 2016

Re: What are good numbers (ROAS, CTR, etc.) in this scenario?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Endal,

This is nearly impossible to answer with any validity since there are so many variables that only you can see. 

With that said, what types of campaigns are you running? It is widely accepted that CTR in search campaigns is completely different from the CTR in display campaigns. And competing against Amazon with such a wide range of products crosses to many industries where each one has a different value that would be deemed great. Same with many other variables.  

You might like this article, which many of us badged Google Partner agencies (like myself) find to be a worthy talking point.  

Kind Regards,

James

What are good numbers (ROAS, CTR, etc.) in this scenario?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks. I will definitely look into that ;-)