What are Career prospects for New Avertisers?[ Edited ]
October 2016 - last edited October 2016
Hello @Ehsan E,
- The world is going Digital and by the year 2020, all the companies around the world including India will have online presence and thus creating a lot of career opportunities.
- It is a progressive field. With technology developing every day, you have to continuously develop your digital marketing skills so that your career keeps growing.
- According to this research, the digital economy is growing 10 times faster than the traditional economy and firms that engage in online trading are twice as likely to be creating jobs as firms that aren't.
- It provides you with various career options. If you love coding, you can go for web designing or if you are a born writer, go for content marketing and so on.
- You don’t have to spend sleepless nights mugging up the formulas that you are never going to use in your life.
- You can dress as you like so say bye bye to the boring formals.
Major Roles in Digital Marketing
Digital Marketing Manager or Digital Director:
You can say that this is one of the highest position in the field of Digital Marketing. To attain this position one must atleast have 5-7 years of experience in Digital Marketing. The Digital Marketing Manager/Director looks after the overall marketing development devising strategies that will drive more traffic, undertaking digital marketing campaigns, making improvements in website and updating it regularly etc.
Web Developer & Web Designer
These are the people responsible for those amazing websites that you come across on the internet. The terms web developer and web designer are used interchangeably but the role of web developer is a specific one whereas web designer does a lot of things. As a web developer/designer, you’ll be responsible for designing, coding and modifying websites making it appealing and user friendly. Prior knowledge of Java Script, JQuery, HTML, CSS and web programming is required to get into this role.
Social Media Executive and Social Media Manager
Job in social media is one of the coolest jobs but don’t mistake it for only Tweeting and Facebooking, there is more to it. As a social media executive/manager you are required to keep a check on the latest social media trends and plan strategies accordingly, co-ordinate with the content team and client servicing team on regular basis, creating quality content or video etc. Knowledge about all thesocial media platforms and a lot of creativity are a must for this job role.
A well designed website will be of no use if the company does not have people who can promote it and thus the company hires SEO executives who make sure that the company’s website is all over the web. SEO executives are responsible for getting traffic on the website and improving the Google rankings. They have to make sure that the content on the website is search friendly, conduct keyword research, research about SEO tools, build sitemaps and submit them etc.
The sometimes useful and sometimes irritating ads that we mentioned above are created by these people. They generate a lot leads for the company and therefore there is a great demand for PPC professionals. As a PPC/SEM expert you are supposed to manage PPC keywords, split ad groups, refine landing pages, generate reports, provide suggestions for ad copies and graphics etc.
If you think that you can write better than what is already there on the web then you are perfect for this role. Responsibilities of a content marketer includes creating content that has all the qualities of going viral, making sure that the content is promoted well through SEO, co-ordinating with other teams and incorporating their inputs in content, following content trends, etc. To get into content marketing you will need an impeccable knowledge of English language along with a lot of creativity.
There are many other roles or designations in Digital Marketing that depend upon company and their requirements. Some of them are:
- Analytics Manager
- CRM Manager
- Email Marketing Manager
- E-Commerce Manager
- Digital Agency Account Director