Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

What about dubble location targeting?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all, 

I have heard several allegations about location targeting and was wondering which story is true. 

Nr. 1 You should not add multiple locations (country + state + citty) in your location targeting options because then Google doenst know what option is leading.

Nr 2. You should add dubble location options to reach everyone you want in that specific location. 

Which allegation is the right one? Or is there another option? 

Happy to hear from you Smiley Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What about dubble location targeting?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello @RomyManshanden;

Assuming that Geo targeting is you relocation works well,  up to a city level, then including the location name within the keyword is a redundancy;

Watch this  short video (time stamp 1:50)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: What about dubble location targeting?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi RomyManshanden,
It is about the issue of account optimization.
You'd better collect enough data of a period(2 - 3 months), to analyze the performance of different states or cities. Once you find the conversion or ROI of a specific state/city turns out to be much better, then you should add it as targets and set bid adjustment, for the purpose of bringing more conversions or profit.
I hope my suggestions will be helpful for you!