2.3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

What Happens If I Setup A Low Budget Will My Ad Still Be Shown

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If i set up my budget at 50 cents per keyword phrase what happens if the keywords I am going after are high cost keywords but I am only willing to pay 50 cents per phrase - when will my ad show up or will it never show up let me know if I can still get visitors if i start with this low budget

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What Happens If I Setup A Low Budget Will My Ad Still Be Shown

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I believe it depends on how you have your account set up (PPC or CPC).

Since I only use CPC I can tell you that your ads can still show for a keyword that costs more than your bid but not nearly as frequently as it would with a "first page bid".  Your ad will also possibly show on the 2nd+ page for the search.

If there is a small blue graph under your keyord, you can click it and it will show approximate displays based upon your bid.

Anyone using PPC, please feel free to chime in.

Hope this helps,

RPquest

Re: Bidding, budget and costs in AdWords

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello ppcnewbie. Welcome to AdWords community;

Take 9 minutes and watch the following video by Hal Varian from Google on Introduction to the Google Ad Auction, and read the following WIKsI (in our WIKI section) on AdWords budget and AdWords costsby Scott,  and AdWords Auction by Kim.

(Both, Top Contributors to the Community). Those clearly explain bidding, budget and costs in AdWords.

-Moshe

PS:You might want to look into the many articles in the WIKI "basic and setup" section. You'll find many more articles that cover FAQs on account setup and account structure. Start with this one by cobnut.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: What Happens If I Setup A Low Budget Will My Ad Still Be Shown

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi ppcnewbie,

If i set up my budget at 50 cents per keyword phrase

I am afraid but I am not exactly sure what you mean here. Do you want to set your daily budget to 50 cents or do you want to set your keywords with max bid as 50 cents?

All depends upon the competition. It's obvious that if you are trying to target keywords with very high competition but you are setting low bids, chances are your ad will not show majority of the times.

In order to start, my suggestion would be to use the keyword tool and traffic estimator to see where will you stand if you use X set of keywords with Y set of bidding and Z daily budget.

I know that in the beggining it happens that advertisers are little reluctant to spend on Adwords. But the baseline is that you will have to invest initially to see how it is going for your business.

With the least risk, you can try the Exact Match keywords to start with so that only users who search for the exact terms find your ad and click on it. 

Just a thought!

Pankaj

Re: Bidding, budget and costs in AdWords

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
I was 5 minutes late in posting Moshe Smiley Happy