AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

What Conversion value should I use - multiple campaigns (each with different CPA $ figure)

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have set up three (3) different search & display campaigns for our new app - each with a different CPA $ figure (say USD$1, $2 and $ respectively).

I have set up conversion tracking to record app downloads through my Google Play Store listing - and set the value of each conversion in AdWords (tools > conversions) to none.

I am a but confused as to whether this will hamper my campaigns?

I can only enter one (1) conversion per app. If I enter a conversion value OF USD$3, then will that make my two (2) campaigns where I set CPA to USD$1 and USD$2 respectively effectively cost me USD$3 per 'conversion' (or download)?

This conversions issue really has me confused.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Good Life T
October 2016

What Conversion value should I use - multiple campaigns (each with different CPA $ figure)

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

The value of the conversion which you enter, when setting up conversion tracking is strictly used for reporting purposes.  I usually set it to something reasonable, say $100 for a legal services, or healthcare campaign that is generating phone calls and form fill inquiries.  

The number entered has no impact on the Target CPA or other working/operational parameters in your campaign. So it could easily be the same amount for each of your three campaigns, which have different CPA levels.  

It's not the cost of the action you are setting when you enter that; rather it is your perceived value of that action. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Good Life T
October 2016

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

The value of the conversion which you enter, when setting up conversion tracking is strictly used for reporting purposes.  I usually set it to something reasonable, say $100 for a legal services, or healthcare campaign that is generating phone calls and form fill inquiries.  

The number entered has no impact on the Target CPA or other working/operational parameters in your campaign. So it could easily be the same amount for each of your three campaigns, which have different CPA levels.  

It's not the cost of the action you are setting when you enter that; rather it is your perceived value of that action. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Steve B,

Many, many thanks for clearing that up for me!

Exactly the answer I needed.

Have a wonderful day :-)