2.4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Weight given to Keywords in Headline

N/A
# 1
N/A

If my Adwords Headline contains the exact text that a searcher enters as his or her query does that give my ad higher relevance or a higher Quality Score than if that same exact text appears below the headline in the 80 character description? 

Thanks,

Kit Landis

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author
April 2017

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Kit,

Further to Lakatos' answer, ad relevancy is determined by the CTR of a combination of the keyword and your ad. If the user's query appears in the headline, that should result in a higher CTR, which, in turn, results in a higher QS. There are other factors in the QS.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Kit,

You posted the same query twice. Please refer from doing so int the future. Here is my answer.

Basically Google will attach higher relevance to a particular ad copy of yours if its click-through stats are expected to be superior to that of the other ads. However, surveys have proved that most users read English text ads from the top left to the bottom right, a stronger focus being at the beginning. For that reason, the answer to your question is positive, even though the connection is indirect and not 100%. Statistically, however, you hit the nail on the head.

Best,

Lakatos

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author
April 2017

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Kit,

Further to Lakatos' answer, ad relevancy is determined by the CTR of a combination of the keyword and your ad. If the user's query appears in the headline, that should result in a higher CTR, which, in turn, results in a higher QS. There are other factors in the QS.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords