AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Website is showing google display ads but cannot be found in GDN. How possible?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

This website https://www.bc.nl/ is showing google display ads. It has the code https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk? etc in the website.

But when i search for this website in GDN to advertise on, i cannot find it. How is this possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Marten H
February 2017

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Marten H

Ik ben blij dat je Engels praat. Smiley Very Happy (I've visited Holland a few times, and this is about all the Dutch I know.)

There is a chance. You can search for the kind of site it is by keyword, and try to make an educated guess from the data given for any anonymous placements that appear.  You will be shown the available ad formats and impressions/week.  If you have an idea what kind of traffic they get, that can help narrow it down. If you browse that site, you can see what size ad slots they use, and that can help you narrow it down as well.

I have been able to get on an anonymous site this way.  

View solution in original post

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Marten H

Some publishers choose to be  anonymous for one reason or another.  Sometimes you'll notice this when searching for placements by keywords and/or topics, and in placement reports.  It will show something like 241234.anonymous.google.  It is a unique identifier so that you can exclude it if you don't like the quality of the traffic.

Re: Website is showing google display ads but cannot be found in GDN. How possible?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the quick reply. So no chance for me to get on this website
through GDN?

For now i just added the domainname through placements to see if this works.

Met vriendelijke groet,

*Marten Hoekstra*
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Marten H
February 2017

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Marten H

Ik ben blij dat je Engels praat. Smiley Very Happy (I've visited Holland a few times, and this is about all the Dutch I know.)

There is a chance. You can search for the kind of site it is by keyword, and try to make an educated guess from the data given for any anonymous placements that appear.  You will be shown the available ad formats and impressions/week.  If you have an idea what kind of traffic they get, that can help narrow it down. If you browse that site, you can see what size ad slots they use, and that can help you narrow it down as well.

I have been able to get on an anonymous site this way.