AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Website URL not appearing in placement

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I enter the website url in the field of placements idea but I couldn't find that website in the results. Anyone can assist me on this?

If I were to insert the url in "Add multiple placements at once" then the impressions will be narrow down, am I right?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Website URL not appearing in placement

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi There,

There are websites which doesn't show up as placements when you search them by their URL. However, you can still add them with the option "Add multiple placements at once". This option is particularly when you want to target more than 1 placement(website) to show your Ad. Adding Multiple URL placements do not really narrow the targeting as it increases the number of websites where you wish to show your Ads. 

However, it also depends on what are the other targeting options you have added within the same ad group as adding more targeting options can narrow down the number of impressions.

You can always see the Venn diagram which appears towards the right to check the Potential Reach as shown as shown in this link.

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Adding to what already said above. 

Make sure that the placement which you are searching for is available under GDN. A placement which is not in GDN, will not appear in the search. 

Secondly, while adding your managed placements make sure you are selecting 'bid only' to avoid confining your targets. Selecting 'target and bid' will limit your targets to the selected placement only. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Ratan & Yakshi for the suggestion. I have been posted my ads for few weeks but the placement status still showing "managed" and I have no idea what's missing.

Here's my setting:
I'm targeting a taiwan website, target it with placements & topics (tried both bid only & target and bid, still doesn't work)
Locations: All countries and territories
Languages: All languages
Bid strategy: Focus on clicks, manual maximum CPC bidding (I tried to focus on impressions but didn't work)

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Ann S,

Could you share the placement (website) you intend to target as the managed placement? Let us see if that is on GDN on not.

Also, are you targeting only one website and have chosen 'Target & Bid' ? Doing this will very much restrict your target. If you have targeting only to managed placement, you should enough placements to get the exposure for your ads.

Thanks
Ratan Jha

If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ratan-Jha,

Sure. here's the url: http://www.bnext.com.tw

Meaning that I should select "bid only" instead of  "target and bid" for my placements and topic targeting?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Ann,

This website does serve Google's ads, so theoretically it is on GDN. But as the ads on that website is being served through DFP, I think it may or may not be searchable in AdWords for certain reasons.

The best advice for you would be to use this placement along with other relevant placements for your ads. And select 'Bid Only'. Try increasing bids as well to see if the ads start triggering on the given placement. 

To your last question - 'bid only' means your ads can show on your managed placements and also on other placement as you may have set targets in your campaigns.  On the other hand, 'Target & Bid' means your ads will show only on the selected placements, though you will have the option to bid on them.

Thanks
Ratan Jha

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ratan,

Thanks for your suggestion. I have made adjustments according to your advice but impressions still remain the same. Placement status still showing managed. My current bid is quite high though (MYR10) and I changed it to 'Bid Only' as well. Any idea what's goes wrong?