3.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

We haven't detected the AdWords tag on your website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having trouble trying to set up the remarketing tag on my wordpress site, I keep getting "We haven't detected the AdWords tag on your website" I am including it right before the </body> tag.  Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

James

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: We haven&#39;t detected the AdWords tag on your website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Never mind... Those warnings are still there, but I just checked Adwords and it now says the tag is active Smiley Happy Thanks again for responding.

Chris

View solution in original post

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi James,

Has it been 24-48 hours since you placed the code on site? It can sometimes take time for the code to be recognized in the account.

If it has been longer than that, check out this resource for troubleshooting validation errors (it could be something other than where you've placed the code): https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3103509?hl=en

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi james C,

Did you use a plug-in or did you place the code on the page yourself? If you want to share your URL, I'll take a quick look to see if anything is wrong with it.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

I'm having the same problem. We've placed the tag on our site:

http://cancam.ca/

Chrome's "tag assistant" extension says two tags found, but in Adwords we keep getting the message "We haven't detected the AdWords tag on your website." Any ideas? Hoping someone can help... I added the code 5 days ago.

Cheers,
Chris

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager

Hi Chris C,

For your site, I'm seeing that the Tag Assistant is detecting issues with the Javascript line breaks (more info here). This can definitely cause issues with the code executing, so I would look to fix that error if your list is still not growing in size.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi CocoP,

I actually looked into that first, and implemented the recommended solution:

---------
Solution: Reinstall the AdWords Remarketing snippet by removing the current iteration, copying a new version from the AdWords interface, and inserting that version into the site.
---------

I still keep getting that warning in Tag Editor for some reason which is very puzzling... I'm not sure what else to try.

Chris

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Never mind... Those warnings are still there, but I just checked Adwords and it now says the tag is active Smiley Happy Thanks again for responding.

Chris

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hi Chris
i have the same issue. my site is www.buysockets.cc
Could you help me check it .
Thanks!