Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Way To Make Rule That Apply Label

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I am wondering if there is an automated way to apply labels to keywords based on a rule running.

Eg. If rule A succesfully changes MAX CPC, then a label is applied to that keyword.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by KathleenG (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Way To Make Rule That Apply Label

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Robert O, unfortunately, there's no way for Automated Rules to apply Labels; it'd be a nice feature if they did.

However, it is possible to create, delete, apply and remove Labels via Scripts and it's relatively simple.  These code snippets should help:

https://developers.google.com/adwords/scripts/docs/examples/labels

I use Scripts for Labelling all the time as you can code in your criteria, e.g. CTR, conversion rate, position, etc. and have the script run each day to Label Keywords or other elements appopriately.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by KathleenG (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Robert O, unfortunately, there's no way for Automated Rules to apply Labels; it'd be a nice feature if they did.

However, it is possible to create, delete, apply and remove Labels via Scripts and it's relatively simple.  These code snippets should help:

https://developers.google.com/adwords/scripts/docs/examples/labels

I use Scripts for Labelling all the time as you can code in your criteria, e.g. CTR, conversion rate, position, etc. and have the script run each day to Label Keywords or other elements appopriately.

Jon

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Any idea if you could create a script to apply labels to keywords that had a certain rule run on it?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Robert, as far as I'm aware there's no way to tell from Scripts whether a rule has run on a Keyword, but you could write a Script that checked for the same conditions as the rule, which should be effectively the same thing.  So if your Rule ran on Keywords with a CTR below X and a CPC above Y, for example, you could code the script to apply Labels to Keywords with a CTR below X and a CPC above Y.

Jon