AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Want to show Google+ followers to my Adwords ads

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Experts,

I would like to show Adwords ads with Google+ page endorsments (social annotations)

I already have a Google+ page and Google Adwords account to integrate both. 

Now, the problem is Google+ page has been created on client email id. And client has given me his adwords account access on my MCC account. Can I link them using different accounts?

Thanks

Ankit Kapoor.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ankit Kapoor
September 2015

Re: Want to show Google+ followers to my Adwords ads

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee
Hi Ankit,

Thanks for your reply.

I don't think that will be an issue because there is no linking required in order to show social annotations. The annotations will show automatically once you meet the requirements in my original reply. So from the AdWords side of the process, the only thing you need to ensure is that the domain of the ad's display URL matches the website URL added to your client's Google+ page.

Thanks!
Rachel

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hey Ankit,

IMO, You have to connect a page to your campaigns allows your advertising and page to share +1's. Any +1's

My 2 cents!

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Ankit,

I don't think you should have an issue with social annotations in this situation. 

To be eligible to show social annotations, the following requirements need to be met: 

• Your Google+ page has to have a verified URL.
  • The domain of your Google+ page URL has to match the domain of your ad's URL. This means you can link to different pages, but they should be part of the same website.
  • Your Google+ page needs to have recent, high-quality posts and a significant number of followers. For most businesses, this means about 100 followers.

The third one is really important. There has to be regular engagement with the Google+ page and followers in order for the annotations to start showing. 

I hope this helps! 

Rachel

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Rachel,

Thanks for your reply.
I am aware about all above strategies and my account is eligible for all the conditions.
Now the thing is the Adwords login, I am using with are not matched with the Google+ page account.

I have the client adwords account access on my Google MCC account (i.e. my company email id) , while Google+ page has been created on client Gmail account.

So my question is can I still link them using two different Gmail accounts? Please advise.

Thanks
Ankit Kapoor
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ankit Kapoor
September 2015

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee
Hi Ankit,

Thanks for your reply.

I don't think that will be an issue because there is no linking required in order to show social annotations. The annotations will show automatically once you meet the requirements in my original reply. So from the AdWords side of the process, the only thing you need to ensure is that the domain of the ad's display URL matches the website URL added to your client's Google+ page.

Thanks!
Rachel

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Rachel,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions.
Hopefully, I don't need to wait more to start showing social annotations with my Adwords ads.

Ankit Kapoor.