AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Want my mobile campaign to mirror my desktop campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have 2 search network campaigns (mobile and desktop). I want the mobile campaign to be a mirror of the desktop campaign, at least I want it so now initially. That is, when I do a change in the desktop campaign (such as adding a keyword) I want the same change to be done in the mobile campaign?

Does the Adwords interface or Adwords Editor offer this function?

Best regards,

Viktor

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Want my mobile campaign to mirror my desktop campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Viktor, there's no simple way to do what you suggest (although the Editor would probably make it easier).  You may be able to make use of the new Scripting feature in Adwords to track and make changes and you could certainly use the Adwords API (although this would be a little "heavyweight" for just this purpose).

Help on Scripting

Help on the API

Can I ask what the purpose is behind such mirroring?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Re: Want my mobile campaign to mirror my desktop campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks a lot, it seems a little heavy yes Smiley Happy

The purpose would be not having to make the changes all over the campaign. I might break out tablet to its own campaign, and then I need to make the changes in all three campaign, which of course takes longer time and more effort than just changing in one.

As of now, I do not intend the campaigns to look any different, since now initially I am mostly interested in how the different devices perform. When that has been analyzed, the campaigns will of course look different.

Best regards,

Viktor