AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Violation guidelines - Adwords Ads ??

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there!!

While browsing on net with query "Parse" on Google Search, I find out that there are 2 competitors paid ads running . One is for Parse.com and the Second one is Mixpanel.com. 

Here the Mixpanel.com, clearly represents itself they are much better than Parse.

As you can see Ad Title contains: Parse vs. Mixpanel

and call to action in Ad Description clearly describes: Go Mixpanel instead.

Parse.PNG

Here are my few questions:

1. Is this a nice way by Mixpanel to serve ads? 

2. Do they violating Google Adwords guidelines?

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ankit Kapoor
September 2015

Re: Violation guidelines - Adwords Ads ??

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Hello Ankit,

1. Unless the Parse.com has trademark for the "Parse", then there's not much they can do about this Ad.

2. I don't think they do violate any Adwords guidelines.

Alex

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Ankit,

To follow the Alex,

1.) This is not good to use the competitors name in your ad text. It gives you a poor users experience. I agree it helps to bring some traffic and helps you to achieve good quality score on your competitor keywords. But once Parse.com and Parse will be trade mark, other competitors will not able to use such words.
Also It is not a DKI so we can not say that, It automatically appear in the ad headlines.And if you are trying to run the DKI ad copy in the campaign, make sure, try to avoid the DKI in competitors keywords, as it gives you poor user experience.

2. No, Untill or unless, Parse and parse.com are not trade mark, any body can use the Term Parse in the Ads.
To follow the below link for trade mark policy.
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6118?hl=en
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Hello Ankit,

1. Unless the Parse.com has trademark for the "Parse", then there's not much they can do about this Ad.

2. I don't think they do violate any Adwords guidelines.

Alex
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Ankit,

To follow the Alex,

1.) This is not good to use the competitors name in your ad text. It gives you a poor users experience. I agree it helps to bring some traffic and helps you to achieve good quality score on your competitor keywords. But once Parse.com and Parse will be trade mark, other competitors will not able to use such words.
Also It is not a DKI so we can not say that, It automatically appear in the ad headlines.And if you are trying to run the DKI ad copy in the campaign, make sure, try to avoid the DKI in competitors keywords, as it gives you poor user experience.

2. No, Untill or unless, Parse and parse.com are not trade mark, any body can use the Term Parse in the Ads.
To follow the below link for trade mark policy.
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6118?hl=en
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’