AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

View: search term from Dimensions....meaning of list ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just happen to see "View: search term from Dimensions" and some of list are very surprised me.

My site is for" Wholesale Women's clothing" and these are some of lists

satin baseball jackets wholesale

apothecary jars wholesale

china sex pills

jewelry & watches fashion jewelry necklaces & pendants+

jewelry & watches fashion jewelry+

wholesale handbags purses

Need advice ...

thank you for reading

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author James K
September 2015

Re: View: search term from Dimensions....meaning of list ?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi James,

Just so I understand - you're saying these terms are showing up in your search terms report and are not relevant to your site, which sells Wholesale Women's Clothing - is that correct?

If so, I'd suggest adding a whole bunch of negatives, based upon the search queries but also proactively. You can do this by placing your keyword list in the AdWords keyword planner and seeing what it suggests - take anything that isn't relevant and go ahead and create negatives out of them. It won't cover everything but it will be a start.

In addition, I'd consider changing the match type for some of your broader keywords because I'm guessing that's where the irrelevant terms are coming from. The first two along with the last kw are probably matching to broad keywords containing the word wholesale. I'm guessing the third term is matching to a keyword containing China and the fourth and fifth are probably matching to a broad term containing the word fashion. You can add the column to the search term report see exactly what keyword the queries matched to.

Consider changing your broad match terms to modified broad in order to ensure that the queries are relevant. Adding a plus sign before a term within a broad matched keyword means that it MUST be included in the search query for it to map to your keyword list. You can read more about modified broad match here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497702?hl=en

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for take a time to understand my problem and
share you knowledge very well.
Have wonderful daysssssss

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi James,

Just so I understand - you're saying these terms are showing up in your search terms report and are not relevant to your site, which sells Wholesale Women's Clothing - is that correct?

If so, I'd suggest adding a whole bunch of negatives, based upon the search queries but also proactively. You can do this by placing your keyword list in the AdWords keyword planner and seeing what it suggests - take anything that isn't relevant and go ahead and create negatives out of them. It won't cover everything but it will be a start.

In addition, I'd consider changing the match type for some of your broader keywords because I'm guessing that's where the irrelevant terms are coming from. The first two along with the last kw are probably matching to broad keywords containing the word wholesale. I'm guessing the third term is matching to a keyword containing China and the fourth and fifth are probably matching to a broad term containing the word fashion. You can add the column to the search term report see exactly what keyword the queries matched to.

Consider changing your broad match terms to modified broad in order to ensure that the queries are relevant. Adding a plus sign before a term within a broad matched keyword means that it MUST be included in the search query for it to map to your keyword list. You can read more about modified broad match here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497702?hl=en

Hope this helps!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for take a time to understand my problem and
share you knowledge very well.
Have wonderful daysssssss