AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Video campaigns (YT)

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

1/ It seems that the cpv are very low in video campaign on YT. But it seems quite hard to get impressions also.  YT campaign give some estimations  0.03 to start bidding up to 0,77 for instance for about 250 impressions. What's your opinion as a minimum bids ? Do you have to opt for a median bid such as 0.35 or much lower to start to advertise  on YT channel   ?

2/ I understand that to advertise on YT also, by default , all the themes and interets are targeted unless you specify your own topics or categories, in which case you shrink your potential. Is that correct ?

3/ You can specify keywords also (contextual way),  if you want to target content with keywords,   but you can't separate them  as you do on display with target and bid method. Right ?

Many thanks ..

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Video campaigns (YT)

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Garguier,

Thank you for your posting. To answer your question in the order you asked them:

1. I would definitely start at the lowest bid. Like all PPC campaign, you should experiment to see which bid gives you the best ROI in terms of viewing and impressions. 

2. Yes this is correct. As indicated on our Adwords for Video/Youtube help page

"Target your ads broadly: For the best results, we suggest that you focus on targeting broadly.

• By default when you set up your targeting, your settings will target all viewers. If you make any changes you'll be refining your targeting further.
  • You're likely to get the best results by targeting demographics or topics and opting in to all TrueView video formats.
  • If you use more than one targeting method at a time, we'll apply them all. For example, if you target a specific keyword, age, and channel, your ads will only be shown when all those methods match your ad at the same time. This can restrict your impressions significantly."

3. Again, correct. As shown on the same help page listed above, "Specify content keywords: Enter keywords that will help match your ads to web content. These work just like contextual targeting on the greater Google Display Network, but apply only to videos on the entire network (which includes YouTube videos)."

Hopefully this answers all your questions.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi John,

Tks a lot for your response ! It helps.

I've done 4 target groups with the same bidding.
1/kw + ages
2/ theme
3/ rmktg
4/ interest

From yesterday, i register only impressions on interests.

Do you know why i can define a cpv max separately for the 1/ kw + ages target group (inSearch, inDisplay, inStream) but can do the same for the 3 others groups (2/ 3/ 4/) ?

Tks in advance.

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi Garguier,

I'm glad the information I sent you was helpful! Regarding your newest question, did you mean "but can[t] do the same for the 3 other groups (2/3/4/)?" If this is correct, you should be able to set cpv for the other 3 groups as specified on our support page:
"You can select a default maximum CPV bid for all ads in your campaign, or set individual CPV bids. This means what you'll pay is equal to or below your bid, depending on other advertisers' bids"

Could you kindly post a screenshot showing your 4 target groups and the CPV Max field that you are trying to adjust? Thanks!

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi John,

Tks for your help..

That's correct, i can't customized cpv for different formats

Here the screenshot : http://www.screencast.com/users/garg01/folders/Default/media/099bb89c-62d2-4c99-b64e-dfe83441f70d

Tks in advance..

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hi garguier,

Thanks for the screenshots. I'm having a difficult time verifying your issue since my English Adwords account looks slightly different from your French Adwords account. I've verified that I can can set the maximum CPV bidding by clicking the Campaigns tab in AdWords, clicking All video campaigns, clicking the video campaign you want to review, and then clicking the Targets tab [from the Youtube Help page]. However I can't see the same settings that are shown in your screenshots. 

If I may mak a suggestion, it might be easier for you to contact our French Support to have them answer your question. You can find their contact info here. https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1385067?hl=en

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi John,

Tks a lot for your answer..