AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

1.5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Video ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I do not want to run an ad at the end of a video.  I want to be listed in the side column of youtube so people can click it and watch my video.  I have nothing to sell/  no website to go to.   I just want some attention to my video when it is in the same section as similar subject videos.

But following all the instructions for advertising at youtube;  so far,  I have only come across to ads that play at the beginning of videos.   I don't want that.

I am willing to pay to have my video show up in the right hand column so people can select it.

Also --  "Recommended for You"  suggested videos.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Video ads

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Terry 50F,

Ads alongside the video watch page are Indisplay ads. You can use all targeting methods available for a video campaign to accomplish this. In fact keywords as well, to target searches on YT. More info here.

With the latest update to video campaigns, you can create an ad group for Indisplay separately by selecting the ad group type. If you have any Instream ads (ads that play within the video), you can pause them.

Hope that helps, feel free to write back Smiley Happy

Sumanth Sridhar