3.4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Video Promotion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi! I'm new to the YouTube community and I'm trying to gain a little bit of a following because I love what I'm doing and want to share it with others. I decided to promote my videos with ads on YouTube and I noticed it said that I would be charged every time the ad was interacted with. Hypothetically, if my budget was $1 would I be charged $1 every time someone clicked on my ad or watched it?

Thanks for the help!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Video Promotion

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Haylie C

You can set daily budget (the maximum budget which adwords will spend in a day) and max CPV i.e. the maximum CPV which you want to pay. With CPV, you'll pay for video views and other video interactions (such as clicks on the call-to-action overlays, cards, and companion banners), whichever comes first

Read more about CPV here

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472735?hl=en

Regards

Video Promotion

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So in other words, I'd pay $1 for every CPV on the ad? 

Re: Video Promotion

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

No,

CPV & CPC are calculated every time when a user sees your video or click on your ads. AdWords is the auction based adverting, so your CPV / CPC will not be fixed. It depends on many factors.

I would suggest you to watch the Google Chief Economist Hal Varian Video and you understand how Google calculates the actual CPC. 

Note: The video explain about CPC, but the same concept applies to CPV bidding.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’