Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Video Campaign- Youtube search Keyword

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

In youtube search keywords, we only have option to broad match keywords. Does it works like a standard search campaign broad keywords? Lie, if we add keywords "tennis" then our video should be searchable with all related keywords of tennis.

please explain it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anil_Singh
September 2015

Re: Video Campaign- Youtube search Keyword

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Anil Singh

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454017?hl=en

About targeting groups ...

• Search keywords (YouTube Search): These work just like search keywords for a non-video ad campaign, but apply only to search on YouTube.

------------------------------

There are also keywords that only represent an element in the "context targeting" of the targeting group , and they do not act like "search campaign" keywords

Compare the differences between a targeting group and an ad group

Targeting GroupsAd Groups
Targeting methods apply toAll ads in campaign (by default)Ads in ad group only
Keyword targeting - SearchIndividual keywords apply to YouTube search onlyIndividual keywords apply to Google.com and Google Search Network
Keyword targeting - DisplayDisplay Network keywords which apply to YouTube videos and Google Display Network onlyAll keywords in one ad group form a contextual theme
Where ads appearIn separate "Video Ads" which are applied to all targeting groups (by default)Contained in one ad group

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anil_Singh
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Anil Singh

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454017?hl=en

About targeting groups ...

• Search keywords (YouTube Search): These work just like search keywords for a non-video ad campaign, but apply only to search on YouTube.

------------------------------

There are also keywords that only represent an element in the "context targeting" of the targeting group , and they do not act like "search campaign" keywords

Compare the differences between a targeting group and an ad group

Targeting GroupsAd Groups
Targeting methods apply toAll ads in campaign (by default)Ads in ad group only
Keyword targeting - SearchIndividual keywords apply to YouTube search onlyIndividual keywords apply to Google.com and Google Search Network
Keyword targeting - DisplayDisplay Network keywords which apply to YouTube videos and Google Display Network onlyAll keywords in one ad group form a contextual theme
Where ads appearIn separate "Video Ads" which are applied to all targeting groups (by default)Contained in one ad group

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
And if I include both keywords and demographics in one target group what happens then? It seems that I receive a lot of hits on my demographics. I can't find any target option that let me chooses between "and"/"or".

I hope you can help.

Best regards,

Magnus